5/14/14

my locks.



- These photos were taken by the talented Caitlyn Pearce for a project of hers. Her work focused on different people & their unique hairstyles. I loved being involved.




The reason I choose to do my hair in locks is simple, I just wanted to. I think dreadlocks are super neat and beautiful. Its a big commitment but I'm not one to shy away form change. Despite the many negative opinions of those close to me regarding dreadlocks I still wanted them... I have zero regrets.




Something I've really noticed since I've had dreadlocks is how much pressure/value we put on personal appearance. I am constantly assigned to a category, because I have dreadlocks... I'm probably not active in the church anymore?, I now do drugs?, oh and I probably never wash my hair or shave my legs. HA! Its mind boggling how many times I get asked questions like these. Quite silly really, but reminds me to be slow to judge.
   

1 comment:

  1. Looove those dreadlocks.Coolest thing ever! And those pictures are so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete